Monday, November 30, 2015

Some of this, some o' that

So here's what I/we have been up to lately...

 

LB celebrated his 6th birthday and Dudely Dude celebrated his first birthday. DD will be turning 8 years old in the near future. Where the heck has time gone???

 

The kids have finished their first quarter of the school year already. LB is doing really well in kindergarten and DD and doing well in 2ndgrade. BB is in 4th grade this year and not doing so well academically, but his teachers love him and know he is trying his best. We just need to work with him at home more.

 

Dudely Dude is doing great. He is healthy and growing and progressing in his development. Size-wise he’s right about where he should be. Skill-wise I think he’s in the 6-9 month range, but he is constantly learning new things so everyone is pleased. I know I am.

 

Caroling at the Inn is coming up very soon. The innkeeper sounded very excited that we would be doing it again this year (3rd year in a row!). She said they get so many compliments and people love to listen. I don’t think it’s that we’re that good, I think it’s because it adds to the Christmas atmosphere.

 

At the end of December it will be 2 years since LB or DD have seen or heard from their biological father. The only reason why I keep thinking about this is because we still haven’t initiated the adoption process. You would think 2 years of no contact would be considered abandonment and it would a no-brainer to just let Hubby adopt them with no questions, but I don’t think that’s the case in this state.

 

We’re still dealing with custody issues with BB. I don’t want to say much about it. BB switches between two completely different home-lives (is that even a term?). Yesterday his mother showed up at our house unannounced and proceeded to scream and cuss out Hubby for an hour (I was outside for half of it)…yeah, that needs to stop.

 

Hubby and I started going to the dentist for the first time in over a decade. Considering how long it has been, my teeth are in decent shape. I need some fillings and I need my wisdom teeth removed. I also had two problem teeth I knew about. One he thought would need a root canal, but it didn’t (yay). The other may need a root canal or a big filling. There was another problem tooth that I didn’t even know was a problem. So that one got a root canal. It was painful. Painful on the wallet and my available work leave. Virtually pain-free in all other aspects!

 

Anyway, after 10+ years of avoiding the dentist, I only need the above work and a simple cleaning. Hubby doesn’t need so much work (some fillings and he already had a tooth extracted), but he needs deep cleanings.

 

I used to have daily headaches, but since this root canal was done the headaches have gone away. Well worth the moo-lah spent.

 

After being married and a family for 2.5 years we finally got our first family pictures done. I’m pretty happy with how they turned out.

 

Lastly, I’ve been really working on trying to lose weight. I don’t think I’m overweight, but I’m still 10-15 pounds heavier than I was before Dudely was conceived. I was getting discouraged because I still couldn’t button my pants and I almost had to butter my legs to get skinny jeans on and I still looked pregnant. So I started watching my portions and carb intake. It seems to be working. Slowly, anyway. I actually buttoned my work pants for the first time in months this morning. I think if I can break myself of the habit of drinking sodas all the time my diet will be more effective. I also don’t eat as much junk and I opt for yummy salads or wraps when we eat out. I’m going to start adding in exercise and working out, so I think I’m on the right healthy track!

 

And that is all. Whew.

 

2 comments: