Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Too many appointments

Hubby came with me to therapy last week.  It went pretty well.  When it comes to Peanut, he said he's in a better place, but still struggling sometimes.  He thinks he is out of the grieving stage.  This was all good to know.  Now I'm supposed to be working on initiating intimacy, starting with hugs.  On the stairs.  Because he's a foot taller than I am.  I have this big brick wall of anxiety about being rejected when I think or plan on initiating anything, so I end up not doing it.  I know it has to do with my first marriage, but I just can't shake it.  I'm hoping these little steps will help.

I saw my OB again last Thursday (ugh).  

I'm so sick of doctors.  I know this is all for the best for me and Peanut, but good grief.  I feel like I'm always at the doctor's office.

Anyway, my blood pressure is good. My weight is up to 139 pounds (*sob*). Baby's heart rate was faster than usual, but good. Fundus (?) is measuring 35 cm, which I think technically means my belly is the size of someone's who is 35 weeks pregnant, not 32.  I think it's because of the extra fluid.  She wants me to count Peanut's movements and to call if they are 10 or less per hour.  I asked her how to count those because it seems like he's always moving and she just gave me a funny look.

They're going to schedule my c-section (ahhh!).

Yesterday I went back to the perinatal doctor.  We got another cute 3D image of Peanut.  He was resting his face on his hands and he was holding on to the umbilical cord.  He's somewhere in the 60th percentile overall.  His belly is still really big.  His limbs are all a little short for how many weeks he is.  I think that is one of the traits of Down Syndrome.  Or maybe it's just a trait from my dad's side of the family (per mom).  He said I do have extra fluid, but it's not a lot.  Hubby remembered to ask him about counting baby movements, and he said that I want to count 10 movements in a span of 2 hours after one of the three main meals of the day...and if I count 10 distinct movements in the first 10 minutes, then I'm done counting for the day!

He makes me feel so much better and I trust him a lot more than my OB.  I think he is a lot more knowledgeable and he doesn't scare me every time I see him.  I wish I didn't even have to go to my OB office anymore (it's not like I see the same doctor every time...that would make everything too uncomplicated).

Anyway, he did say that the extra fluid could trigger labor.  For some reason it sounds better that way than to be told I'm at risk for pre-term labor.  Risk sounds like such a bad word now.

He also said that he's seeing a gradual increase in resistance in the umbilical artery.  I guess that means that blood flow to Peanut is getting more restricted with time.  He said they've been watching it and if it gets to a certain point, I may have Peanut even sooner than 39 weeks.  He wants me to have it checked every two weeks until birth.  He said this is something he has seen in every pregnancy with Down Syndrome (the signs are showing up everywhere!).

Of course, Hubby thought of Peanut holding onto the cord and he wondered if he could have been squeezing it.  I guess we'll see in 2 weeks if that part gets better instead of worse!

I go back to the pediatric cardiologist tomorrow.  I think that's the last appointment with her unless they find something new.

I think I have talked about this before, but he's telling other people now...Hubby is really considering having another child after this.  Seriously.  I asked him last night if he really is thinking about it or if this is one of the things he says for shock value.  He said he's really thinking about it. I can't wrap my head around it.  At least it's definitely not an option right now.

In other exciting news, Exhibit A has filed a petition to charge Hubby with contempt of court and a counter-petition to modify the custody order so that she has sole custody.  And will get child support as a result.  And will have us pay all of her attorney and court fees because she has been forced to take this action.

Bull dinkies.

And she's already gloating that she's going to have sole custody soon.  The reasons she gave for filing these things are little mole hills compared to the mountain of concern Hubby has regarding custody.  I don't know even know the likelihood that he will be granted more custody with what he filed, but I would be absolutely shocked if she is.  To me it looks like a tit for tat scenario and I really hope the judge can see that when the time comes.  I think even the petition for contempt of court is a stretch, pulling things out of the order that aren't even in there and bringing up something from last school year that he had attempted to resolve, just not her way.

I think that's all...it seems like there's always something nowadays and in order to avoid one of these novels, I'll have to write every day.  Meh.

1 comment:

  1. That is a lot of appointments but it's for a good cause! :) glad all is going well!

    ReplyDelete