Well, we're onto cycle 5/6 now. Last month was another miss for some reason. This time we're using a prediction kit, though I don't think it's necessary. I figured it might offer a little insight about what could be going on, if anything. This cycle again is starting out a bit different and I don't think I've even O'ed yet.
Things are going pretty well at work, I think, though last Friday while I was being shoveled out at home, 2 people were let go there. No one seemed to know it was coming, so it's kind of scary that I could come in one day my job would be *POOF*...be gone. I feel like I'm safe for now, but I think Hubby and should have some kind of plan in place, just in case.
We got our tax return back and we put half of it into savings while the other half is going into some necessary upgrades for the house and things inside. We got a new bed frame and mattress with boxsprings yesterday. We slept on it for the first time last night and I didn't sleep worth beans. It's a pillowtop, but it's really firm because it's brand new. We were talked into a waterproof matress cover that I think makes a lot of noise and makes the sheets feel like they're coming off. Hubby seemed to sleep just fine. His snoring was extra noticeable, but maybe that's because I couldn't fall asleep in the first place. :)
We also upgraded our thermostat to the second generation N3st. Our electric bill hasn't been too bad despite the cold, but we're thinking it'll be helpful on the days when we forget to turn the heat down before we leave and to have it kick on before we get home so it isn't freezing when we walk in the door. I guess those are first world problems.
We also plan to build a deck at some point, add a bathroom and bedroom and closet downstairs, and a nursery (if we ever need one), replace our gutters and windows, repair our wood floors, get a new refrigerator (or update all our appliances...how nice would that be?), and upgrade one of our vehicles to more family-friendly one. We obviously can't do this all at once, but they're some nice goals to work towards and Hubby is confident that he can do a lot of it by himself (this might be a little scary).
We're not well-off by any means, but we've been careful with our money and those projects really seem attainable.
I suppose that's all for now. I have a few minutes of my lunchbreak left to read.
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment